Sep 30, 2012

Revlon Black Cherry Super Lustrous Lipstick

Fall is officially here! For me, that means trying every deep red shade of lipstick that I come across. I don't have many dark reds, and lately I've been wanting to expand my collection. I decided to try Revlon's "Black Cherry" - A deep purple tinged red.

In the tube, black cherry looks like a completely black lipstick! 
As you can see, it looks very dark in the tube. Once it's applied however, it lightens up quite a bit. I know sometimes deep shades can be intimidating, however Black Cherry is actually a flattering red that would look nice on just about any skin tone. 
Here it is swatched on my wrist. It's hard to tell in this shot, but it applies very patchy and almost thin/runny. I adore the shade, but the texture isn't smooth. 
On my lips you can notice the patchy-ness quality that Black Cherry has. This is the first time I've come across this problem with a Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick. That's the one reason why I didn't enjoy Black Cherry as much as previous shades I've tried in this collection. 

Pigmentation: The pigmentation isn't as high quality as I expect from a Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick. It's somewhat lacking, and isn't as opaque as I would like. It'svery difficult to layer too. 
Finish/Texture: I feel that Black Cherry is quite thin for a cream finish lipstick. It feels runny, thin, and slippery, which is definitely unusual for a Revlon lipstick. 
Scent: I don't notice any scent at all within the Revlon Super Lustrous line. It's one of the many reasons I keep coming back to these. (I prefer unscented lipsticks in general).
Lasting Power: Since this lipstick is very runny, it bleeds all over the place. There basically isn't any lasting power, it just disappears! 
Price: $8.00 at CVS 

Likes:
  • pretty color
  • suits many skin tones
  • unscented
Dislikes:
  • bleeds, everywhere
  • applies messy:  thin, patchy, and unevenly
  • lacks pigmentation
Overall:
I'm a huge fan of Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks, but this one was a miss. It didn't have any of the qualities that I expected. The color was patchy and uneven, andt was a nightmare to apply! Within five minutes of having it on, it started to bleed out of my lines. I never have a problem with lipsticks bleeding, this was a first for me. Thin, runny textures aren't my first choice when it comes to lipstick. The deep purple-toned red is beautiful, but the texture is what ruined it for me. 

7 comments:

  1. Aw i hate that this formula wasn't great, I LOVE the color. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the color too, I wish they made it in a lipgloss or something!

      Delete
  2. The colour is absolutely lovely, what a shame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is black cherry like a creme version of wine not from the same line?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried Wine Not, but Black Cherry is a creme finish lipstick. Hopefully that helps!

      Delete
  4. OH no! I just bought 3! I'm hoping that they've improved it since! *FINGERS CROSSED!*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥