Sep 5, 2012

Revlon Really Red Super Lustrous Lipstick

Fall is almost here, and I can't wait to bring out all of my red lipsticks! Even though I wear red lipstick year-round, it's fun to bring out those deeper shades that seem to get pushed to the back of my makeup drawer. I came across this matte lipstick at the store the other day and thought that I should give it a try. Lately I've been wanting to find some drugstore crimson reds, and it's actually been quite a challenge!



As you can see, this Revlon lipstick is a matte. I had never tried a matte from the Super Lustrous line before, until now. 



Inside the tube, this lipstick look like a much deeper red. Even though it is pretty, I was a little disappointed that the color wasn't what I was expecting it to be. At the store, you can't test out the lipsticks, the shade swatches on the stands are never accurate, and you can never know exactly what to expect! 



Here it is swatched on my lips in natural light, and I really like it, but it's not the crimson red that I was expecting. I have so many reds that look like this, so to me, it's not anything too special. It is a really lovely blue red that especially flatters cool skin tones, however, it would probably look good on anyone! 

Pigmentation: This lipstick was seriously opaque, which is what I expect for a matte. In the swatch above, I barely had to use pressure to apply the color. 

Finish/Texture: The finish is matte, and feels comfortable on the lips! I really love it when mattes  don't make my lips feel dehydrated. This lipstick isn't hydrating, but it isn't dry. It's perfectly balanced.  

Scent: There is absolutely no scent to this lipstick, and I'm so happy about it! No powder, floral, fruity, minty, sunblocky, or spicy scent at all! 

Lasting Power: The matte finish definitely prolongs the wear time, I get  at least 4 hours of wear, through eating too! 

Price: $8.80 at Walgreens (It's cheaper at Target)

Likes:
  • comfortable on the lips, especially for a matte
  • rich opaque color in one application
  • a little goes a long way
  • long lasting, wears through a meal 
  • variety of colors and finishes available
  • unscented
Dislikes:
The color wasn't as it appeared in the packaging, it looks much darker in the tube. The way that these are packaged in the store is horrible. The top of the lipstick tube is clear, which is supposed to let you see what the color looks like, but it doesn't really help at all. The color swatches on the shelves are usually off, and the lipsticks are sealed with plastic so you can't pop off the cover and have a look at it. I really wish that drugstores would allow testers for all of their products! Walgreens does allow returns though, which is always great. 

Overall:
Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks are some of my favorites from the drugstore, but this one just wasn't what I wanted. I have so many reds that look exactly like this. I was expecting it to be more on the crimson side. If you're looking for a matte blue-red lipstick, you should give this one a try! It is not too dry and not too slick, very opaque, and brightens up the smile. 

If anybody knows of some drugstore crimson lipsticks, please comment :) 

4 comments:

  1. I would suggest trying Maybelline Color Sensational in Red Revival if you don't already have it. On me, it comes off as a deep crimson red. Hope this helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend Maybelline color sensational lipstick in Very Cherry. It's a deeper blue based red. Very pretty shade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hollie, you need to test how lipstick stay on after giving a blow job. I volunteer my cock for your tests ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed your blog, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥