Oct 5, 2013

Maybelline Color Elixir Liquid Lip Balms

It seems like every brand is releasing new lip products right now! Maybelline recently joined in on the fun with their latest product, the Color Elixir Liquid Lip Balm. This is the first liquid lip balm by Maybelline. When I bought these, I didn't even know what they were, or what to expect. I'm so happy that I decided to take the plunge and try these, because they are phenomenal! 



Color Elixir Liquid Lip Balms / $6.79 each at Harmon's 
The packaging looks like there's a lipstick inside of the tube, but there isn't! When I first bought these, I thought that the balm was the part showing.. haha. That is just the color swatch of the lip balm itself. 

Here is the applicator! See, it's not a lipstick at all! I was a bit surprised at first. I actually really like the teardrop shaped doefoot, it gives a precise and easy finish.



Swatches from left to right: Raspberry Rhapsody, Vision In Violet, Hibiscus Haven, Captivating Carnation, Rose Redefined, Amethyst Potion, Fuchsia Flourish, Mauve Mystique, and Signature Scarlet.

Raspberry Rhapsody is a pinkish purple. Vision In Violet is a bright blueish purple. Hibiscus Haven is a bright bubblegum pink. Captivating Carnation is a light coral. 
Rose Redefined is a light rose. Amethyst Potion is a deep brownish purple. Fuchsia Flourish is a bright hot pink. Mauve Mystique is a light dusty rose. Signature Scarlet is a bright red. These are only one swipe each! 


Claims: "Saturated Color. Sensuous Balm Care. Polished Lip Shine."
Pigmentation: The pigmentation is amazing, I wasn't expecting them to be so colorful! One swipe gives off full color, a little goes a long way with these. 
Finish/Texture: The finish is very shiny. The texture is smooth, lightweight, and super hydrating. These don't even feel like a gloss. They feel weightless, and non-sticky. 
Lasting Power: This is the weak spot. They only lasted on me about an hour. 
Scent: These have a very odd smell to them.. it's like a mix of perfume/baby powder/plastic.. I can't exactly name it but it's strong, and it also leaves a bitter taste behind. 
Packaging: The teardrop shaped doefoot is great for easy application. The thick plastic is sturdy, and I like that the color can be seen through the tube. 
Price/Availability: I paid $6.79 each at Harmon's inside of Bed Bath and Beyond. 


Likes:
  • Very pigmented
  • Variety of finishes/colors (20 to choose from overall)
  • Keeps lips feeling hydrated
  • Non-sticky, weightless feel
  • Nice packaging
  • Inexpensive 
  • Lives up to all claims

Dislikes:
  • Odd scent
  • Poor lasting power (only an hour or so) 
Overall:
I'm so impressed with the formula on these balms! They are super comfortable on the lips like a balm, shiny like a gloss, and they're pigmented like a lipstick. I couldn't be happier with the color selection and the fact that these live up to all of their claims!  

The downside about these is that they only last about an hour on the lips. I also noticed that they have a strong scent, that kind of smells like plastic, baby powder, and perfume. 
With that being said, I still love this product! 

The Color Elixirs are the best liquid lip balm that I have ever tried! They feel weightless on the lips and the colors are beautiful. This is such a unique product, it's really a balm, gloss, and lipstick all in one! 


If you would like to see lip swatches, please watch my video review below! 


 Have you tried the Color Elixir yet? What are your thoughts? 


Bloglovin' | Facebook Instagram | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube |  

25 comments:

  1. It's the first time I see them (and I didn't even know that the liquid balms existed:D), but I totally fell in love with the violet one! :)
    macabre-moon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing! Hopefully they will make their way to the shelves at one of my local stores soon. Signature Scarlet is by far my favorite in the collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look nice! I haven't tried them out but I'd like to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Yeah they definitely have a bitter-ish taste. Not so pleasant, but I put up with it.

      Delete
  5. I'm so tempted to try these! Do they compare to the L'Oreal stain glosses at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No not at all. These are just liquid balms. They don't have any staining quality to them, they feel hydrating and non-sticky.

      Delete
  6. okay! waiting for your video review... love the brush too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these look so gorgeous, shame about the lasting power they sound a bit like the Rimmel Apocalips in that sense. I hope these are available in the UK :) x
    Mac Lipstick Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. i gots to have them all!! they look sooo pretty!

    jesselynnn.blogspot.com //FANCYTHEE

    ReplyDelete
  9. purple one <3 I would love to see it on your fotd or something since you have gorgeous skin :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. the violet one is so eyechatching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the packaging, it's so luxe - they look so much nicer than the Rimmel Apocalips <3 xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow these swatches are amazing, some of the colours are really unusual!

    www.makeupmonster.ie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just found you on YouTube. Love the swatches that you do. Thank you for the effort n time and the title really caught my attention, eating lipstick heheh..I'm the biggest lipstick junkie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Haha I'm glad you found me :)

      Delete
  14. Agree, it has a strong odor. Long after I applied it I was wondering - what is that terrible smell of perfume!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look amazing! I just got Signature Scarlet, can't wait to try it out :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally getting amethyst potion!
    Love these so moisturizing!
    Lovely post!!!!

    http://andreushki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. How do these compare to the L'oreal La Caresse Shine Stains? Those I found were too liquid-y and hard to apply evenly. If these are more of a gloss and less of a stain, I may have to check them out!

    sylvialoveslipstick

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just picked up 3 colors. Can't wait to try them out! Thanks for this review :)

    http://luvabellcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like your look and I love red lip colors, but your complexion was so pretty with the mauve one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. i like all of them on you

    ReplyDelete
  21. buy me all of them now

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥