Oct 14, 2013

Limited Edition Maybelline Winter 2013 Color Tattoos

Finally there are more matte Color Tattoos! I can't even begin to explain how much I love these new shades, of course they had to be limited edition, ugh! (Maybelline, you need more permanent matte color tattoos). These are a part of Maybelline's new Gilded in Gold Collection for Winter 2013. 


 Maybelline Color Tattoo by Eyestudio / $5 each at Harmon's
These are the three new, limited edition shades from the Gilded in Gold collection! I'm so happy that they are all matte. Each color is gorgeous and can be used in so many looks.

 Starting from the top left: Just Beige, Nude Pink, and Matte Brown. 

From top to bottom: Matte Brown, Just Beige, and Nude Pink
Matte Brown is a warm chocolate brown. Just Beige is a warm pale yellow. Nude Pink is a cool taupe. Each swatch is only one swipe. 


Claims: "Our ink technology creates 24HR wear shadow for our most intense, long-lasting color saturation. Cream formula glides on without creasing and keeps color vibrant.
Pigmentation: Each shadow is very pigmented. All I need is one swipe to get full color.
Finish/Texture: The finish on each of these is matte, and the texture is creamy.
Lasting Power: These claim to last 24 hours, which I'm not sure if they really do..but I've never experienced fading or creasing with these.
Packaging: The shadow is placed in a little glass jar that comes with a plastic lid. 
Price/Availability: I paid $5 each at Harmon's inside of Bed Bath and Beyond.

Likes:
  • Very pigmented
  • Creamy texture
  • Matte finish
  • Inexpensive
  • Easy to work with
  • Long lasting
Dislikes:
  • Limited edition

Overall:
I love Maybelline Color Tattoos, especially the matte finish ones! Of course when I saw this collection, I had to try them all. I love that these are all neutrals, which are convenient for so many different looks. I honestly don't know why they only made three though, I was hopping for a collection of six. 

The formula is creamy, pigmented and easy to work with. I've been wearing these alone, and as a base for my shadow non stop these past few days. Nude Pink is my favorite, it's my perfect neutral! I've never experienced fading or creasing when I wore these, even on 10+ hour days. I'm sure that many of you have tried a Color Tattoo before, but if you haven't, I highly recommend that you do! 


Here's my video review if you would like to watch it! 





Are you going to get any of these shades? Do you wish there were more to choose from?
Bloglovin' | Facebook Instagram | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube |  



43 comments:

  1. I love Matte Brown. I hope they will be available in our country, since they are awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! I love that they're matte. I've unfortunately never seen any of their limited edition collections in any of my local stores, but hopefully they'll be available somewhere close to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those are beautiful! Great review Hollie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't fan of the original CT but these look amazing because they're matte so I want to try them.
    Great review :)

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all beautiful and such lovely shades! I have to get my hands on nude pink, it's perfect. I just hope they will be available in my country, we usually don't get all the limited editions :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These all look lovely. Esp the matte brown. I need more matte eyeshadows and think I would get alot of wear from this!
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been searching high and low for these babies!
    XOXO,Kt
    Sequins,Mint&Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  8. I may have to grab the nude pink, I'm searching for a light brownish color to wear with just mascara. Btw, what lipstick are you wearing in the video? It's super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's NYX Soft Matte Lip Color in Monte Carlo :)

      Delete
  9. Oooo...I want nude pink soo much! That'd be awesome on the lid and in the crease I think! I don't think we'll be getting them here in Asia but I'm okay, I've got too many cream shadows now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been wanting to get my hands on the matte Color Tattoo's ever since I heard they came out! Hopefully I'll be able to find them. I definitely want Nude Pink. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. These colours looks amazing! Australia needs to stock these now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like the powers that be at Maybelline finally listened to the pleas for something like MAC Painterly and gave us Nude Pink! These look amazing - hoping they get released in Australia :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all those colours! I wonder if and when they will be available in UK...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is there any chance I can order it online?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not directly from Maybelline, maybe try Ebay.

      Delete
  15. I have been waiting for these! I bet they're awesome eyeshadow bases too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are, I'm wearing one as a base in my video.

      Delete
  16. I have 2 of the shimmery shades and love how they go on, but I can't even express how glad I am that there's now matte ones too - YEY!

    http://filthypaws-and-silkydrawers.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm in hot pursuit of Nude Pink, can't wait to find it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh no! Now I want to get my mitts in some :) Damn you Hollie - your reviews are so detailed and I love them :)
    I would love the Just Beige one for a base!

    Mlhauken // Beauty, Lifestyle & a bit Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to get a hold of these now! they look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow!! Nude Pink looks so pretty!!! I'll have to check these out when i get the chance next. I wonder if they're out in Aus yet.

    à la foliee

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really would love to get my hands on these new Maybelline Color Tattoos eyeshadows, but it seems that I cannot find them anywhere in the stores. :(

    Rally

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nude Pink is amazing..but I was lucky and found them all. Sad thing is the display on carried 2 of each shade...Really???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my favorite one! Yeah, I was surprised at that too. I think LE displays need to be better stocked.

      Delete
  23. I need Just Beige and Matte Brown in my life. However, I am doubtful that these will ever show up in Canada. Bummer!

    sylvialoveslipstick

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥