Aug 29, 2013

Maybelline Expert Wear Single Eyeshadows

The Maybelline Expert Wear shadows are definitely a drugstore hidden gem!  I never gave these shadows much thought, simply because I hadn't heard much about them before..and because they are placed on the very bottom of the shelf at most stores. The color selection is what finally caught my eye, there are twenty shades total. I'm so amazed at the quality of these shadows, and the low price, that I already want to get more!

 
The packaging is a simple, yet functional plastic that allows the shadow color show through. The shade names are labelled, in very small print, on the front. 

I bought four neutral shades. (Top left) Made For Mocha, (Top right) Tastefully Taupe, (Bottom left) Silken Taupe, and (Bottom right) Nutmeg. 

Swatches from left to right: Silken Taupe, Nutmeg, Tastefully Taupe, and Made For Mocha. Silken Taupe is a light champagne that has small glitter chunks, and claims to have a pearl finish. Nutmeg is a warm brown that has a matte finish. Tastefully Taupe is a shimmery light brown, it does not contain glitter and claims to be pearl finish. Made For Mocha is a deep chocolate brown shade that claims to be matte, but it has more of a satin finish. These swatches are two swipes without primer underneath. 

Claims: "All-day crease-proof wear. Rich, velvety textures in matte, pearl and metallic. Glides on effortlessly with superior smoothness."
Pigmentation: These shadows are pigmented on their own, and true to pan! They can be intensified with shadow primer. 
Finish/Texture: These have a smooth, velvety texture. Each shadow has a different finish, as I explained above. 
Lasting Power:  I had no fading or creasing with these shadows. They wore all day without a problem. 
Packaging: The packaging is nicer for such an inexpensive shadow. The lid snaps shut tightly, and the shadow color can be seen through the plastic, a huge plus for me! 
Price/Availability: I paid $3 each + tax at Target 


Likes: 
  • Pigmented and true to pan
  • Smooth texture and easy to blend
  • Variety of shades and finishes to choose from
  • Inexpensive
  • Last all day
  • Live up to claims
  • Functional packaging
Dislikes: 
  • Finish may vary from what is stated on the packaging
Overall: 
I wish that I would have discovered these shadows sooner! They are great quality, readily available, and inexpensive. 

The formula is very smooth and silky, which make these very easy to blend. The packaging is actually functional, and the price is unbeatable at three dollars. These wear all day without creasing or fading, and the pigmentation is great without a primer. Of course a primer would intensify these even more so, which is great. I love that these live up to all of their claims too! 

It doesn't matter if you're an eyeshadow beginner or an eyeshadow hoarder, definitely give these shadows a try! 

                                | Bloglovin' | Facebook | Instagram | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube | 

27 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised by those swatches! Very nice indeed for DS brand eyeshadows.

    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a surprise gem! Looks like I have something new on my list to try;) Love that you showed all neutrals x
    erinandkatherine.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..what great colors. i have never tried them before!
    XOXO,Kt
    Sequins,Mint&Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of Silken Taupe and Tasteful Taupe, shall definitely be looking out for these!

    Abby xo | http://teenagelovesxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those shades are very pretty ! And super neutral my all time favorite

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw these once when I worked at ulta and I wanted to get some because like you, I liked the color selection. I may have to pick one of these up and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These eyeshadow are great neutrals for everyday. I love that they are so affordable, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm surprised about how good these eyshadows look, I would've never thought of trying them if I hadn't read this! xxx
    Life of Verity

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tastefully Taupe is the one that immediately attracts me (why can't that be available here? :() but goodness, Nutmeg is damn impressive in the swatch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow they're so pigmented! I love the look of Tastefully Taupe - it's gorgeous <3 xxx
    Gem │ ♥ │ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow i love the intensity of those swatches!! I've never seen these in Australia.
    Nutmeg and Tastefully Taupe are jumping out at me.

    à la foliee

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a sucker for a neutral shadow. These are really pigmented, i have to say I am not a fan of the packaging but the product itself looks amazing.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete



  13. Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life.

    Glitter Eyeshadow

    ReplyDelete

  14. Thank you sharing the post. I got many help in the post.
    Get our services….

    Creator of clipping path

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the post. Eyeshadow are great neutrals for everyday
    white label eyeshadow palette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥