Aug 19, 2013

Jordana Twist and Shine Moisturizing Balm Stains

I have been wearing these Jordana Twist and Shine Moisturizing Balm Stains non-stop since I bought them about a week ago. The colors are gorgeous and the formula is as hydrating as a lip balm! The staining claim isn't really accurate, but these are still some of the best lip pencils I've ever tried. I have found my holy grail lip pencil! 


The packaging is very similar to the Revlon Kissable Balm Stains. It's a plastic tube with a twist applicator.  There is no sharpener, so these tips will dull over time.


Each balm has a very glossy, creamy, and smooth finish. None of these colors have shimmer in them, which is another huge plus for me. 



Swatches from left to right: Cranberry Crush, Honey Love, Tropical Frenzy, Rock N Rouge, and Candied Coral. 

Cranberry Crush is a muted berry purple. Honey Love is a dusty brownish-mauve. Tropical Frenzy is a bright blue toned pink. Rock N Rouge is a bright blue toned red. Cadied Coral is a soft, peachy coral. I really like all of these shades! 

Claims: "Moisturizing Balm Infused with a Light-Weight Stain, Applies with a Glossy Finish then Transforms into the Perfect Flush of  Color. Long-Lasting."
Finish/Texture: The finish of each of these is glossy. It does dry down a bit, but it doesn't look matte. The texture is super smooth and creamy. 
Lasting Power: The lasting power isn't the best, it's only lasts about three to four hours on my lips. These are not long lasting at all, especially for a stain! 
Scent: These have a very sweet candy, vanilla scent to them. It is strong at first but fades one it's applied. 
Packaging: The packaging is just a plastic twist-up tube. The cap closes securely. 
Price/Availability: I paid $3.29 each for these at Walgreens

Likes: 
  • Nice variety of shades
  • Very pigmented
  • Creamy texture
  • Easy to use
  • Inexpensive 
  • Keeps lips hydrated
Dislikes:
  • Doesn't stain lips
  • Hard to find (Walgreens Jordana displays are hard to find/usually empty)
  • Isn't long lasting
Overall:

Honestly, these are better than any other jumbo lip pencil that I've used at the drugstore. These feel like a high end lip pencil, similar to a Clinique Chubby Stick. Many people are comparing these to the Revlon Kissable Balm Stains, but these aren't dupes. These are more of a hydrating balm, and the Revlon ones are more of a drying stain. 

The formula is wonderfully smooth and creamy on my lips. I enjoy the way that they make my lips feel like I'm wearing a lip balm. The hydration is amazing. The colors are all gorgeous and very pigmented. I love that they are so inexpensive too.  These didn't stain my lips much, so they aren't long lasting at all. However, everything else about these balms is perfect. 

If you can find the Jordana Twist and Shine Balm Stains in your area, I highly suggest trying them! 

Please watch my video review (below) for lips swatches! 



12 comments:

  1. I really enjoy these as well, and I agree with almost everything you said. I do find that they stain my lips a little bit, but not as much as the Revlon Balm Stains do. My only complaint is that Candied Coral can wash me out a little bit, so I like to pat it into my lips instead of piling it on like the others. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I don't know why, but these just wore like a regular lipstick for me. Patting would be a great way to wear the color too, thanks for giving me the idea :)

      Delete
  2. love your video review so much. You perfectly describe about the lip stains. I am really curious to buy some.we only have one walgreens here and most of the time impossible to get the desire products from there. I ll try to find these on my next visit to city.
    Thanks for the lovely share. Looking for more reviews from you.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, that is such a great compliment! I always love hearing feedback. I know what you mean, my Walgreens hardly ever has Jordana in stock. It's so annoying sometimes. Goodluck :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Candied Coral and Terra Crave and adore them. They last three hours on me, and the stain wears far after that. They seem to me more moisturizing than the Revlon ones, and are certainly cheaper. Love these!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wear the Rock n Rouge and even after a Football game w/drinking or after applying it in the morning through school and after a work out it still stays on. I wouldn't necessarily describe that color as a "stain" I love it! It's not an outrageous price and it's a great color :) If you care to look at a couple of profile pics i'm wearing the color on my fb. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy to have stumbled across this post -- and this blog in general! I'm obsessed with lip color in chubby pencil form, and these are the best I've ever tried.

    After reading your post, I immediately started researching where I can get these pencils where I live (Amman), and had just resigned myself to purchasing them online plus international shipping when I happened upon the whole collection in a costume jewelry store, of all places!

    Per your review, I purchased Cranberry Crush, Terra Crave, Tropical Frenzy, Rock N Rouge, and Candied Coral. I was impressed that they were so creamy and softening and had pretty decent pigmentation sans glitter. I loved the slightly orange-y tint to Terra Crave, and because it's like a much better version of my natural lip color, it's my go-to balm for pairing with a dramatic eye look.

    I was surprised by how different the color of the packaging was from the lip color itself -- on the shelf, I never would have glanced at Tropical Frenzy (which appears to be hot pink) or Terra Crave (which appears as a sad, dull brown), but after swatching, they both turned out to be very versatile and wearable shades.

    I want to thank you as always for your comprehensive, detailed, and honest reviews! You made an international reader very pleased today :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥