Feb 13, 2013

Jcat Beauty Fantabulous Lipstick

Jcat Beauty is a new makeup brand that promises to give high quality formula, robust pigments, innovative packaging, and trend-setting shades at unbeatable prices. I had the pleasure of discovering them at IMATS a few weeks ago! They were having a great deal, four of their Fanatbulous Lipsticks for five dollars! Being the huge lipstick hoarder that I am, I couldn't resist such a bargain. Since this is a brand I had never heard anything about, I honestly had no clue what to expect. I can safely say, that these are some of the best bargain lipsticks I have ever found! 










Swatches from left to right: Lychee, Run To You, Vivid Rose, and Indian Pink

Lychee is a cool toned blue based red. It was not as opaque as the others, and needed two coats.  Run To You is a warm toned pinky-red. Vivid Rose is a yellow based pink. Indian Pink is a classic red shade. Each lipstick bold and bright! I'm really enjoying these colors.

Claims: "Creamy and smooth finish glamorous formula.  Rich moisturizing formula will ensure to hydrates your lip!" Oops,  I think they meant hydrate. 
Pigmentation: The pigmentation is fantastic. The colors are all vibrant and true to the color that they appear. The color does stain the lips after it wears off, makeup remover is needed.
Finish/Texture: The finish is semi-matte. It appears matte from a distance, but if you look carefully you see a bit of shine. It's a lovely finish! The texture is creamy and smooth. They also feel a bit moisturizing, but not to the point where it causes any feathering or bleeding. 
Lasting Power: I can get about 5 hours of wear with these, more than I was expecting! 
Scent: There is a subtle, sweet honey scent. It fades rather quickly, and it doesn't bother me. 
Packaging: The packaging is very cheap. The tube is made of thin plastic, and twists up too easily. I accidentally smashed the tip of one of the lipsticks up into the tube because of this. Also, the lipstick bullet itself doesn't twist down all the way. The barcode printed on the packaging is an eye-sore. 
Price/Availability: I paid $5 for 4 lipsticks, online they are $2.50 each

Likes:
  • Excellent pigmentation
  • Comfortable to wear
  • Hydrates lips without feathering
  • Long Lasting 
  • Overall great quality
  • $2.50 very affordable
  • Variety of shades available
  • Cruelty-free

Dislikes:
  • Packaging is very cheap
  • Color will stain your lips
Overall:
These are some of the best vibrant lipsticks I have ever used that are under three dollars. The pigmentation is bold, the texture is creamy, and they moisturize the lips without feeling greasy. The finish is semi-matte, which gives it the staying power. The packaging is my only complaint. It's very cheap and flimsy, as most inexpensive lipsticks. However, I try not to judge a lipstick by it's casing. There are countless shades to choose from online, and they are also cruelty-free. The Jcat Beauty motto is "Provide color cosmetics at modest prices". The formula is fantastic, the price is right, and Jcat Beauty  lives up to their claims! I'm eager to try more products from this emerging beauty brand in the future!

23 comments:

  1. Vibrant colours, cat on the packaging and cheap? Must Google!

    Lou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love the colors and the cat is cute!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!

    Just wanted to let you know I used one of your photos for my blog entry about how fashion sense can help our inner world. =) http://thesoultheory.com/2014/01/11/some-ways-our-fashion-sense-helps-our-inner-world/

    I linked to your blog post.

    Cheers and thank you!

    Raydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found these lipsticks while in college park ga at a local beauty supply store for 99¢ each I purchased about twenty of them because they were top of the line quality for the price I'm soooo pleased with my purchase. My only problem is that I live in Philadelphia and I'm not sure if any of the local beat supply stores have them do I turned to the web only to find that on the companies site they cost almost $3 each. A lil disappointing so I will be having my boyfriend return to that store to purchase more for me so that ill have them

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥