Feb 23, 2013

New Revlon Lip Butters: Sorbet, Pink Lemonade, Juicy Papaya, and Wild Watermelon

I love Revlon Lip Butters! They are pigmented, hydrating, and buttery-smooth. I remember when they first came out in late 2011.. I went crazy and bought every shade of red, berry, and pink. 
Ever since then, I have been patiently waiting for Revlon to release new shades, and here we are! 


The quilted packaging is adorable. The way that the cap corresponds to the shade inside is super helpful, and also makes it easy for me to spot in my lipstick drawers and makeup bag!

From left to right: Sorbet, Pink Lemonade, Wild Watermelon, and Juicy Papaya

Swatches from  left to right (One Swipe): Sorbet, Wild Watermelon, Juicy Papaya, and Pink Lemonade

Lip Swatches from left to right (multiple swipes): Sorbet, Wild Watermelon, Juicy Papaya, and Pink Lemonade

Sorbet, my favorite, is a  cool toned bright fuchsia. Wild Watermelon is a warm toned, bright pinky-red. Juicy Papaya is a warm toned, soft peachy-coral. Pink Lemonade is a cool toned soft baby pink. I was surprised at how light it swatched on my wrist, but it can be layered easily as I did on the lips. These all have a cream finish (no shimmer or glitter).

Claims: "Buttery balm with beautiful shiny color to give you baby soft, healthy glowing lips 94% of women felt lips were softer, smoother, and instantly hydrated. -Award winning."
Pigmentation: The pigmentation varies by color. The brighter colors tend to be more pigmented than the lighter ones. These can be worn sheer, with just one coat., and can also be worn opaque if you apply multiple coats (like I did in my lip swatches). 
Finish/Texture: The finish is shiny, and can look glossy at times. These new shades all have a cream finish. The texture feels buttery-soft and moisturizing on the lips. These are the most comfortable lip products that I have ever worn! They work well as a lip balm too, but the light shades may accentuate any flakiness.
Lasting Power: These only last about two-three hours since they are so buttery. If you talk, eat, or drink you will certainly need to reapply. 
Scent: There is no scent at all. 
Price/Availability: I paid $7.50 each at Target

Likes:

  • Hydrates and softens lips
  • Variety of shades available (24 to be exact)
  • Can be worn sheer or opaque
  • Unscented
  • Good pigmentation
  • Gives a nice shine, without feeling glossy
  • Feels light without slipping/bleeding

Dislikes:
  • Only last 2-3 hours
Overall:
These lip butters are definitely a drugstore favorite of mine, and the most comfortable lip products that I have ever tried! They really do act and feel like a hydrating lip balm, and provide amazing color. They can be worn opaque or sheer, depending on how much you apply. They are unscented and reasonably priced. I have not experienced slipping or bleeding at all with these, which is great for such a buttery lip product! The only issue with these is that they don't last very long and will need to be reapplied throughout the day. 

I'm so happy that Revlon finally came out with new shades! They are all really pretty, and I'm still surprised at how well the lighter shades build up. Sorbet is my favorite of the new shades! 

30 comments:

  1. I'm loving these juicy colors! And you're a lucky girl - each color looks great on you. :) Me? I don't quite have porcelain skin - more like fair with some red around my nose - so it's tough sometimes to find that right, punchy color that looks good. Sometimes I don't care, and go for peach or fuchsia anyway...

    Anyway, these are on my to-purchase list after your review! I'm looking for a sort of Mad Men-pink lip color, and I'm hoping a shade in this collection will do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think these will work out for you! They're pigmented without being too strong. Hope you find what you're looking for :)

      Delete
  2. Very fruity! :) I like the first 3 from your lip swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I haven't seen the new ones at my stores yet. Great swatches, I'm loving Juicy Papaya xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Coco! I love the color, it's so pretty.

      Delete
  4. Loooveee! They all look gorgeous on you, but my favourite is definitely Pink Lemonade. My only minor complaint is that the new colours seem kind of similar to the existing shades - I kind of wish Revlon had produced a few more "out there" shades :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you(:
      Yes, they are quite similar. I would have loved for them to make some deeper or more vibrant shades too. I might do some comparison posts..

      Delete
  5. I love lip butters. Everything about them appeals to me. These new shades are pretty esp the Wild Watermelon that is a pretty shade.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Need to get myself one of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review. I am waiting for these to be available in Canada so I can scoop them up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Got a question - How does Juicy Papaya compare to Peach Parfait and how does Wild Watermelon compare to candy apple? Worth getting either color - or are they too similar? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peach Parfait is not a shade that I own, but I know that it has golden shimmer in it. If you google peach parfait swatches you can compare them to my Juicy Papaya swatch. I prefer Juicy Papaya because it's a cream, and also more orange. Peach Parfait looks more pink.

      Delete
    2. Peach Parfait is very shimmery compared to the Papaya.

      Delete
    3. Peach Parfait is my all-time favorite lipstick shade, BUT I dislike the chunky glitter! I've been trying to hunt down a glitter-less dupe with no luck yet. Needless to say, I'm REALLY EXCITED about Juicy Papaya!

      Very, very happy to read about these 4 new shades. great pics/swatches!

      Delete
    4. Thank you Kristina! Same here, I always liked the shade but not the glitter. Juicy Papaya is perfect!

      Delete
    5. If you have darker lips, like I do, Peach Parfait might seem similar to Juicy Papaya, but it's not. Peach Parfait is more of a shimmery, sheer pink while Juicy Papaya is like a soft, orange toned pink. I would say it's more similar to Tutti Frutti in that it's orangey, but Juicy Papaya is more pink. Hope that wasn't too confusing!

      Candy Apple is red, while Wild Watermelon is more of a raspberry red.

      Delete
  9. COOL! But where did you find them? I've had no luck :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found them at Target. Hopefully you'll find them!

      Delete
  10. I thought I found them at Target yesterday, but what I found were a mixture of the old shades where the new ones were supposed to be. Darn, back to stalking the stores! These swatches are just too gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesomeness.. I was looking for good swatches of these products and i'm glad that you had it on your blog. Now I must follow =P



    kfclovesyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to try sorbet, but I don't want it to be too bright in person. I found your blog randomly and thumbs up! I read your post about the l'oreal pastel lip balms. I recently did a review of those too. I was so excited about them, but I now wish I hadn't wasted my money. Oh well at least our reviews will help others. :)

    http://strawberryheartschocolatedarts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love the look of Juicy Papaya :) it looks natural enough to be super easy to wear but still makes your lips look gorgeous xx

    Angelica [One Little Vice]

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love maybelline :) i actually have the cotton candy shade and i love the sheer pink shade with gold shimmer :) even my friends loved the color on my lips :)
    love your reviews! hope my country has the wide variety of drug store make-up like USA haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely colours and wish they had more shades in my country for lighter skin! We have peach parfait but it has chunks of glitter in it making it non-wearable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Hollie :)

    There are many reviews on the beauty side of YouTube, but I have only discovered 3 channels that ACTUALLY review products-itsjudytime, CoffeeBreakWithDani, and HollieEatsLipstick-you! (I do recommend you check out the other two channels-you can learn a lot from them! :))

    YOUR REVIEWS ARE THE BEST! (I just want to scream that out loud but my throat currently hurts) You take a product and really identify its weaknesses and strong points! For example, I bought the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balms based completely on your YouTube review. I purchased Honey/Douce (it's a light pinky nude) and love the way it looks on my lips and the way it feels! I really look forward to your reviews! I will also try to keep with your blog (which I find really entertaining).

    You inspire me in so many ways Hollie. Please keep doing what you're doing!

    Oh, and do not be afraid to identify the negative things in a product while filming/typing (blogwise) a review. To be honest, I learn more from your reviewed products that you're not too fond of. For example, I believe you stated in your Revlon Kissable Lip Balms review (the title of the YouTube video may not be that exactly but it something like that) that the Matte ones are better than the Lacquer ones. Therefore, I learnt to avoid them, and have ever since.

    Thank you for deciding to start a YouTube channel.

    I am also glad that I found your channel.

    Oh, and I am also hopefully going to purchase some Revlon Lip Butters (I actually disliked them before I read this exact blog review) and the Maybelline Color Tattoos since you said that you overall liked them. :)

    Sincerely,

    A major HollieEatsLipstick fan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥