Feb 20, 2013

Elf Hypershine Gloss

After trying and loving the Elf Glossy Glosses, I decided that it was finally time to give the Elf Hypershine Glosses a shot. Although I'm not fond of the twist-up packaging,  I do enjoy the quality of the gloss inside. It gives an intensely shiny finish with a beautiful hint of color. At a dollar a piece, I feel that these are definitely worth the price! 

I'm a huge doe-foot applicator fan, and I usually steer clear of anything else. The Twist-up packaging isn't my favorite, but the actual gloss inside is a great product.

This is what the gloss looks like after you twist up the packaging. One extra twist will give you a big gob of unwanted gloss, so twist with caution! The one on the far left kind of exploded..


Swatches from left to right: Joy, Vixen, Bubblegum, and Fairy


Joy is an iridescent mauve with golden shimmer. Vixen, my favorite, is a bright cherry red. Bubblegum is a creamy, almost opaque peach. Fairy is an iridescent light pink with champagne shimmer. There are nine shades available on Elf's website.

Claims: "Hyper, glass-like shine infused with micro-mirror technology to reflect light. Smoothes lips on contact with a conditioning shine that lasts for hours. Create that natural lip stain of color that's sheer, subtle and beautiful!"
Packaging: These glosses come in a twist-up plastic tube. The lipgloss gets pushed up through the brush applicator. The first time you use these, you will have to twist them a couple times to get the product to actually come out. After that, one twist will be enough for each use. 
Pigmentation: The pigmentation is sheer, but can be built to medium easily. 
Finish/Texture: The finish is super glossy, while the texture is a bit sticky, yet smooth. 
Scent: They all have a sweet vanilla frosting smell. It's a bit strong and does linger.  I like vanilla, so this doesn't bother me. If you hate sweet scents, you might not enjoy these.
Lasting Power: Since these do have a bit of stickyness, they last a while. I had about two hours of wear. Maybe even longer if you don't eat or drink. 
Price/Availability: I paid 50 cents each during a sale on eyeslipsface.com

Likes:
  • Low price 
  • Good pigmentation (sheer to medium)
  • Variety of colors and finishes
  • Good staying power
Dislikes:
  • They feel a bit sticky
  • The twist up packaging wastes product
Overall:
These are some of the best affordable lipglosses at the drugstore! I bought mine at fifty cents a piece on sale, but even for a dollar these are totally worth it.  Hypershine is the perfect name, because these really do provide a "glass-like" shine. The color selection is great, Vixen is the prettiest cherry red that I've ever seen for a dollar. The packaging isn't my favorite, but for the price I can tolerate it. The texture is a bit sticky, but not irritating, and it does give the gloss good staying power. I hope that Elf will release new colors soon, I'm hooked! 

4 comments:

  1. I just picked up Fairy last weekend and tried it yesterday. I have to say I'm not a fan of it for the same reasons you've identified as dislikes. The stickiness and thickness of the product was a big turn off for me. But at a dollar it is a decent gloss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors :D These are great for only a $1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a gloss fan but those look super great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a couple of these & they are great for a daytime gloss. They are not too long wearing on me but I like them & they are so easy to throw in your bag. I like their colour range too & of course the price.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥