Feb 6, 2013

Covergirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in Plum Twist and Ruby Twist

Covergirl has always been one of those "hit or miss" brands with me. I rarely try their new products because of it. I feel that Covergirl's quality, for the most part, is lower than most other drugstore brands. Being a fan of jumbo lip pencils, I really wanted to give their Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm a try. (Read about my last Covergirl experience here.)


The packaging is very standard, a twist up pencil stick with a color coordinated cap. The name is what intrigued my to try this product. It states that it's a gloss and a balm, unlike most lip pencils which only claim to provide color. I'm always on the hunt for a moisturizing lip pencil!


The two shades I chose are Ruby Twist and Plum Twist. Ruby Twist is a warm orange-red with a cream finish. Plum Twist is a cool mid-toned purple that also has a cream finish. I prefer Plum Twist over Ruby Twist, because it matches my skin tone nicely. 

Claims: "Twist up the color and glide on the shine. Treat your lips to a balm fortified with shea and mango butters for a smooth look with a hint of color."
Pigmentation: The pigmentation is decent. I wasn't expecting it to be much, since the claims say a "hint of color".  I always like it when the brand clearly states how much the color payoff  will be so that I won't be disappointed. 
Finish/Texture: The finish is a little shiny, but I wouldn't say glossy at all. The texture is smooth, but it's not silky. They feel a bit slippery on the lips. They are slightly moisturizing, but nothing that could replace a lip balm. The moisture doesn't last throughout the day either.
Lasting Power: There isn't much lasting power with these since they are slippery. I only got an hour of wear, but if I ate or drank it slid off completely.
Scent: There was no scent.
Packaging: The packaging is a standard twist up stick. The pointed tips eventually wear down.
Price/Availability: I paid $7+ tax each at Target

Likes:
  • There are 16 shades to choose from
  • They are easy to use/good for on the go 
  • Pigmentation is good
Dislikes:
  • They aren't glossy
  • Have a slippery texture 
  • There isn't much moisture
  • Overpriced for the quality
  • Not much lasting power
Overall:
There are better jumbo lip pencils out there. I thought that these were just okay, there's nothing special about them. The one thing I enjoyed most was the color selection. They don't provide a glossy finish, which really disappointed me. There was a bit of moisture, but it didn't last, and the product itself felt slippery. The lasting power was very insignificant, maybe an hour if you don't talk, eat, or drink. I also feel that these are way overpriced for a drugstore lip pencil that barely performs. Nothing stood out to me when I was trying these "gloss balms". Maybe next time I try something Covergirl it will work out for me. 

5 comments:

  1. I felt the exact same way about these balm glosses! I am slowly learning my lesson to only buy one shade of a new product in case it turns out to be a bust like these:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I totally know what you mean. I try to only buy from places that let me return things. It has saved me so much money! Glad I'm not the only one who didn't really like these. Thanks Daphne!

      Delete
  2. This was really helpful! I was debating on whether or not to buy these or spend a bit more for the Clinique chubby sticks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! Yes, definitely save up and invest in Clinique. You won't be disappointed in their quality, and they let you return if you keep your receipt :)

      Delete

  3. Thank you sharing the post. I got many help in the post.
    Get our services….

    Creator of clipping path

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥