Jul 9, 2013

New Revlon Super Lustrous Lipglosses

Revlon Superlustrous lipglosses are amazing. Their formula is one of my absolute favorites at the drugstore. When I first heard that the line was being revamped I panicked a little, but no need to worry, the formula still feels like the original non-sticky goodness! 


Out of the twelve shades available, I chose from left to right: Fatal Apple, Pink Pop, and Fuchsia Finery.


The new packaging is quite different from the original. The tubes are now cylindrical and the doefoot applicators are longer and skinnier. I'm not a fan of the new, bulkier look.


There is only one shade that is named the same in the new line, and that is Pink Pop. Although the name is the same, the new color is slightly different than the original. In the photo above on the right, I compared the two. The new pink pop (top) is a cool toned hot pink. Old Pink Pop (bottom) is a warm, lighter pink. I also feel that the old Pink Pop has a creamier, more opaque finish. It's not a huge difference, but I just wanted to show you that they aren't exactly the same. 

The differences between the new Superlustrous glosses and the original ones is mainly in the packaging. As you can see they are now a different shape, the tube is also larger. I find it funny that Revlon decided to bulk up packaging, because now we are actually getting less product. Yes, the new version only has .13 ounces, while the old version had .20 ounces! Of course the price is the same, so now we are actually paying more for less. 



Swatches from left to right: Fuchsia Finery, Pink Pop, and Fatal Apple
Fuchsia Finery is a sheer medium purple. Pink Pop is a cool toned hot pink. Fatal Apple is  a bright blue based red, and is the most pigmented of the three. These all have a creamy, jelly-like finish. They can be worn sheer or built up to about medium opacity. 

Claims: " A silky gloss that boosts hydration and plumps lips with moisture for a colorful glamorous shine". 
Finish/Texture: The finish is creamy and jelly-like. The texture is smooth and moisturizing.
Lasting Power: These last on me about 5 to six hours depending on how much I eat/drink.
Scent: These are unscented.
Packaging: The packaging is now in bulky cylinders. The doefoot applicators are now skinnier and longer. I'm unhappy about getting less product in these new tubes. 
Price/Availability: I paid $8 each at Rite Aid

Likes:
  • Variety of new shades and finishes available
  • Formula is still great
  • Hydrating/feels comfortable on the lips
  • Long lasting about 5 hours
  • Unscented
  • There's a wiper and a doefoot applicator
Dislikes:
  • We are now getting less product for the same price
  • The new tubes are a bit bulky
  • There's no SPF in this formula, while the old ones had SPF 15
  • The old shades are all discontinued now
  • This new formula is more translucent, not as creamy of a finish
Overall:
I really am going to miss some of the old shades, Lilac Pastel, Coral Reef, and even the old Pink Pop! The original versions are more opaque, and that's what I loved about Superlustrous. The new shades are pretty, but they have this jelly-like transparency that I wasn't expecting. This makes it harder to get the actual color you see in the tube, causing me to use more product. My biggest complaint about these it that Revlon made the tubes look larger in size, and actually gave us less product. I absolutely hate it when this happens, because it's not like the price is being lowered here. So essentially, we are now paying more for less gloss. I know .07 ounces doesn't sound like a lot, but I go through these glosses like water, shame on you Revlon! There's also no SPF in the new formula.

All in all, the formula feels like the same non-sticky luxuriousness that I'm used to. This formula is what keeps me coming back, it just feels like silk on my lips. I love that it's long lasting and hydrating all in one. That's hard to find in a gloss, especially at the drugstore. It's still one of my favorites, even though I am a little ticked off about getting less product.  

If you would like to see what these look like on my lips, please watch my video review! 




Be sure to check out the old shades now while they're on sale at most drugstores! 

                     | Bloglovin' | Facebook | Instagram | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube | 

8 comments:

  1. those are so pretty!! I love the hot pink one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like the old packaging better xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least the formula is the same - shame about the less product we've receiving though! I really do like the Super Lustrous lip glosses, they are so plush on the lips :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new packaging, the hot pink looks lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wah, I didn't know that we get less product now, how cheeky of Revlon!
    I thought this formula has still has SPF 15 because it is mentioned on the website but not on the packaging itself.

    Love the look of Fuchsia Finery.

    Kah-Feh Yen
    I'm currently running a MAC lipsctick giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! How lame is that. I just went on the Revlon website to check and it doesn't say that it has SPF anywhere. Nouveaucheap has the ingredient list on her site and there are no ingredients in these that contain SPF, so I'm still pretty sure that these do not have SPF.
      :)

      Delete
  6. They're such gorgeous colours! I have just bought Pinkissimo and it looks like such a pretty pink :D xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥