Jul 6, 2013

L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Excess Mascara

I remember back when the original L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes mascara was released, it seems so long ago now! I haven't bought it since, because I remember it not doing much for my lashes. With that said, I had a feeling that this mascara wasn't going to impress me either. It's actually the worst mascara from L'Oreal that I've ever tried..



The packaging on the Excess version is very similar to the original. The only difference is that part of the tube is metallic red. 


The wand is quite large. It's very long and consists of tiny rubber bristles. The bristles aren't too hard, but they aren't soft either. In the photo you can't really tell how much mascara is on the wand, but it's way too much. It's all caked in between the bristles! 


Here are the results! As you can see my lashes are all spiked together in scraggly mess. Even when I tried wiping off the wand, I still had the same results. I absolutely hate the way that this mascara made my lashes look and feel. Just dreadful.
Claims: I can't find any claims on this mascara other than the ones stated on the packaging. 'Intense maximized volume. No clumps clean sweep wiping system."
Formula: The formula was very wet and heavy on my lashes.  Once it dried it felt crunchy and flaked tons throughout the day. 
Wand Type: The wand is made of tiny rubber bristles that are evenly spread apart. The wiping system looks like it does a good job, but the wand actually still packed with too much mascara, I demonstrate this in my video review.  
Price/Availability: I paid $8 at Harmons in Bed Bath and Beyond

Likes:
  • Formula is very black
Dislikes:
  • Clumps and spikes my lashes together
  • Wiping system doesn't work 
  • Lashes feel and look crispy 
  • Weighs lashes down
  • Formula is too wet
  • The wand is too long/difficult to work with
  • Wand is loaded with too much mascara
  • Doesn't live up to claims

Overall:
I didn't have very high hopes for this mascara, but at the same time I wasn't expecting to hate it. This is the worst L'Oreal mascara I've ever tried. It didn't live up to any of the claims that were stated on the packaging. (I still can't find any other official claims, but when I do I will update this review). 

The 'clean sweep' wiping system didn't do anything at all, the amount of mascara on the brush was still too much to work with. The  heavy and wet formula weighed my lashes down. Once it dried, my lashes looked and felt extremely crunchy. It flaked off like crazy throughout the day, and also smudged on my lower lash line. 

Overall this mascara didn't do anything for my lashes other than make them look terrible! I'm not saying that everybody should hate this mascara, but I'm just letting you know that I absolutely hate it. I tried to make it work so many different ways, but nothing helped. I am a fan of many L'Oreal mascaras, but this one is last on my list.

You can check out my review and demo of this mascara here on YouTube! 

                     | Bloglovin' | Facebook | Instagram | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube | 

23 comments:

  1. Oh dear Lord! What a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost bought this yesterday. Glad that I didn't. Crossing it off of my shopping list.
    xx Debbie
    shapes-and-sizes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. God that doesn't look good, what a waste of money. So weird that they can let mascaras that perform so badly even make it to sale :/ definately won't be buying!!!
    Beccy xx
    beccyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen many reviews on it yet, but I think this is L'Oreal's worst mascara..and no worries I got a full refund:)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the review!! I wasn't a fan of the original either and when ever I see new mascaras released I always want to try it. Thank you for helping me resist temptation of wasting my money. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I always like trying mascaras, for fun and to review. I know it's sooo tempting! Glad to help:)

      Delete
  5. Crikey, bet that was a nightmare to wash off too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh god i bought this mascara too and hated it. theres absolutely no need for a wand to be that big!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! That isn't the most flattering effect on your lashes! I hate mascaras that make your eyelashes clump.

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the original Volume lashes mascara & I find it works brilliantly. Shame this one isn't the same x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh geez, that's horrible! Do they even test these things before they send them out?...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well with this one I sure feel like they didn't! lol

      Delete
  10. I can't believe HOW bad this looks! I really love the L'Oreal voluminous mascara, and the million lashes mascara respectively, such a shame that combined it creates this rubbish :( xxx

    www.MissMakeupMagpie.com ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black is one of my favorite mascaras!

      Delete
  11. I have to agree on this..
    I tried it and I was not a fan!

    I don't like maserca that clump on their own unless I put 4/3 coats on it honestly
    lol

    www.cocoamourr.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, holy hell!
    I have yet to like a L'Oreal mascara, and you have put a kibosh on my curiosity about this one. The only thing that I liked about any of them was the fact that L'Oreal makes the blackest mascaras (carbon black) I've ever tried, but I never liked the formulas or brushes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like some L'Oreal mascaras, but only the ones from the Voluminous line.
      :)

      Delete
  13. I didn't even have to read this to know what a terrible mascara this is. My lord! Your poor lashes, I bet it was such a mess to clean off. I'm surprised to hear how even in that photo of the wand there's a lot of mascara on it, I looks like it would be such a good brush too! What a shame this was a bust.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel bad for your poor lashes! Yet so many people think that is a great look for lashes! Ugh NO? lol
    x Stella x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't tried this yet, but try to wait until its dried out a bit usually they work much better after they dry a little!
    http://andreushki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes I tried on that mascara as soon as I bought it and returned it the same moment.. Worst mascara ever. Really bad. Have me the same results

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥