Jul 1, 2013

Covergirl Lipslicks Smoochies Lip Balm

Covergirl Lipslicks have been around for a while now. I remember taking them from my mom's makeup collection, feeling like a 'big girl' when I used them. As I grew older, I stayed away from Lipslicks because the sheerness was just boring for me. I'm happy to see that Covergirl finally revamped the line, it was about time! 


The new, colorful tubes are a bit smaller in size than the original. The top of the tube corresponds with the lip balm color, but of course the actual shade you get on your lips is a much sheerer version. The bottom colors of the tubes are just for decoration I suppose. The new look is more eye-catching than the original, I really like the bright colors. 


The balm itself is actually very creamy and comfortable on the lips. Their moisture factor is more than Maybelline Baby Lips but less than a Revlon Lip Butter. The pigmentation can be sheer to medium. I have three of the twelve available shades.


Swatches from top to bottom: #Text Me, #Luv U, and #Tweet Me

#Text Me, is a bright pink-red and is the most pigmented of the three here. #Luv U is a neutral light pink, perfect for any skin tone. #Tweet Me is a sheer orange-toned red.

Claims: "Glide on sheer color and keep lips moisturized with our fabulously flirty Smoochies lip balm."
Finish/Texture: The finish is shiny and the texture is creamy/smooth.
Lasting Power: These last only about three hours on my lips.
Scent: The scent is strong, it reminds me of kiddie makeup-powdery, sweet.. it's not the best, but it fades and is only noticeable when applying on the lips.
Packaging: The lip balm itself isn't level with the tube, be careful when putting the cap back on! 
Price/Availability: I paid $5 at Walmart and got a BOGO 50% deal at CVS


Likes:
  • Good pigmentation
  • Variety of colors
  • Smooth texture
  • Moisturizes lips
  • Inexpensive
  • Cute, colorful re-packging
Dislikes:
  • Strong scent that some may find off-putting
  • Lip Balm itself isn't level with the tube
  • Re-application is needed throughout the day for moisture and color
  • Names are a bit gimmicky-not a big issue, but just saying!

Overall:
I was pleasantly surprised with these! I really enjoy creamy formula that's so effortless and lightweight on my lips. They have good pigmentation, moisture, and a wide variety of colors to choose from. However, reapplication is needed throughout the day. At five dollars each, I can look past their minor flaws. Even though I think the names are a bit gimmicky, I still think Covergirl did a great job with the re-launch of the classic Lipslicks line. 

If you would like to see lip swatches of these please watch my video review on YouTube.

12 comments:

  1. Haha the names really bothered me too! What is up with them ... :p The pigmentation of these is really nice though, and they do look quite moisturising :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are so pretty. They look nice for the summer time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours! I'd like to try one out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kept passing by these because they looked so dark, but I really love the swatches! Covergirl has been stepping it up lately, haha xx

    Jordan | Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i totally agree with you about the names!! lol the pigmentation looks great on these though!! I will have to try them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh this is really interesting! The colors look great! But you're right about the names. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you completely about the gimmicky names aha! Love the deep pink colour, my fave :)
    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all three shades! They'd work for me all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look of these!! The pigmentation is lovely for a lipbalm, the name is a bit cringe though lol xxx

    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember using these years ago! I think I prefer the older packaging though, this looks a bit cheap. Good alternative when you want to give your lips a rest from lipstick. Love your reviews!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥