Jan 17, 2013

Wet N' Wild Megalast Liquid Lip Color

Let me start off by saying, this is the weirdest texture I have ever encountered in a lip product. I don't know exactly what Wet N Wild was trying to achieve here. I have searched everywhere on their website and couldn't find any claims! In general I am a fan of liquid lipsticks (I think that's what this product is) but the formula was unbelievably unpleasant. Wet N' Wild has some drugstore gems, but this isn't one of them.


I picked up 3 of the 13 available shades: Back to the Fuchsia, Red My Mind, and Click on my Hyperpink.


As you can see, the wands are very messy. The tube inside doesn't have a wiper, causing the doefoot applicators to have too much product.



Swatches from left to right: Back to the Fuchsia, Red My Mind, and Click on my Hyperpink.

Back to the Fuchsia is a medium raspberry pink. Red my Mind is a true red that leans a bit towards the cooler side. Click on my Hyperpink is a light cool toned pink. These three shades are all matte and don't contain any glitter or sparkle. Click here, to see a lip swatch (Just warning you it isn't pretty!)

Claims: I couldn't find any claims on this product! 
Packaging: These lip colors are packaged in a plastic tube that has an hour-glass shaped handle. The doefoot applicator is loaded with too much product. 
Pigmentation: The pigmentation is definitely there. Each lip color gives opaque, bright color within one swipe. There's a wide variety of shades to choose from (nudes, reds, shimmers, etc)
Finish/Texture: This is the biggest problem with this product, the texture and finish are both very unflattering. After the lip color dries, it leaves your mouth looking cracked and extremely dry. The texture feels very thick, although the product itself is a bit thin (I told you it was weird). After these set, they make your mouth feel dehydrated! Yuck.
Scent: There was a strong chemical scent to these. 
Lasting Power: I couldn't stand the way my lips felt like they were being suffocated, so I removed this product immediately. The swatches stained my arm and lips for a few days.
Price/Availability: I paid $3.50 for each at Walgreens

Likes:
  • Bright, excellent pigmentation
  • Variety of colors
Dislikes:
  • The texture is very thick and slippery at first
  • Once it dries, it makes your lips feel extremely dry
  • Makes lips appear to be cracked/emphasizes lines
  • Feels very uncomfortable
  • Stains your lips/skin 
  • Difficult to remove
Overall:
Wet N' Wild usually is a hit or miss for me. They have some really good products, and then products like this that aren't quality. What I disliked most about these is the way they felt on my mouth, like I hadn't used lip balm in 10 years. Once these dry, they are extremely difficult to remove (it takes serious scrubbing with makeup remover). The overall finish is very unflattering, since lines are emphazised, and makes lips appear cracked. The chemical scent and wasteful packaging are also things that bother me with this product. 

It was strange to me that I couldn't find any claims on these liquid lip colors.  I am truly curious on what Wet N' Wild had in mind when creating these. They remind me of a liquid lipstick, but they also stain, so I am not sure what the goal is. The formula is nothing like a general stain or liquid lipstick, it is more like a "24 hour" or long-lasting lipstick.  If I find any information about the claims I'll be updating this post! 

26 comments:

  1. Ohhhh the colours are so pretty that is to bad the texture is so weird!!! Wet n wild is very hit and miss after reading this I definitely won't be tempted to buy them, great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a shame they were so drying & stained your lips, as the colours are super cute. I guess sometimes things just dont work.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too bad the formulation was so terrible because the colours and pigmentation look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. THANK YOU for this review. lol I literally JUST bought the Hyperpink one today and dear god....I freaked out when I put it on. O.o I knew right away that something was wrong. It was the worst lip gloss feeling I have ever had. Plus you need the wrath of a thousand Greek Gods to get that crap off! I seriously thought I was gonna peel my lip skin off. lmao I panicked when I was rubbing it off and FINALLY got my lips back. UGH. If I could return it, I would...since I paid $2.99 + tax for it. WASTE. lol It's all off now and I still feel like my lips are dry. lol Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you are the first person that I heard back from who doesn't like them either. Haha the wrath of a thousand Greek gods would have been helpful! I returned all of them. They were seriously the worst product I have ever tried in a long time.

      It took a while for my lips to get back to normal after using these :/

      Delete
    2. I bought this in a Pink Perfection and I cannot belive how horrible it feels and no, you CANNOT get it off!! I had to come on line to see if someone had a secret to remove it! LOL Im at work and actually used Dawn dish liquid and it did NOTHING but make it worse! This stuff should be banned! hahaa

      Delete
    3. I like them, kinda! I saw a youtube video that suggested baby oil to take it off. I tried it today & it worked.

      Delete
  5. I suggest that you pair there color with a clear gloss. It will work lik mac's double sided lip stain. I actually loved click on my hyperpink i used a little less, paired with gloss and it came out a cute barbie pink :-) love this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually tried that and the formula still felt way to dry for me. It just suffocates the lips and really dries them out. Thanks for the idea though:)

      Delete
    2. Oh thats too bad. I used their glassy gloss and it came out perfect for me. All i could feel was the gloss. Perhaps its because glassy gloss is thicker but i know some people dont like the texture of that type of gloss.

      Delete
  6. I just bought the hyperpink and I was so disappointed! Waste of my money. wonder if they will let me take it back lol. but I just found your blog today and I love it! You are definitely helping me pick out my next products to try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, as long as you keep the receipt most places will let you return it. That's what I did with mine, because I hated these! Glad to help Krysta :)

      Delete
  7. I was thinking about getting click the neon pink one but thanks for the review because I don't like to return things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought Back to the Fuchsia, because it's a FANTASTIC color. I found that if you apply two coats and blot both times then put a balm (I used a Maybelline Color Whipser) over it, it's comfortable to wear. And it will.not.move. It does smell weird, but I kindof love how durable it is. It lasted through a 6 hour event where I talked to literally 800 people.

    I usually choose lip stains so I don't have to reapply or worry about the color moving.

    I used the Nuxe micellar water to remove it and it came right off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my opinion, there are way better long lasting lip colors out there that feel comfortable on the lips. These were just all around bad for me, even if the colors are nice.

      Delete
  9. I put a nyx butter gloss in strawberry parfait over click on my hyperpink and it smoothed it out and looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought 4 different colors and am wearing the "Red my mind". Granted it is hard to get off, I don't feel like my lips are suffocating. I don't smell a weird odor and I used gloss to add more shine, (I happen to like matte lipstick). For the price, I didn't mind buying it. Oddly, I'm quite happy with my purchase...it saves me from retouching up my lipstick every hour.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I dislike this collection.. cracked my lips so badly.. Never wanna buy it again

    ReplyDelete
  12. well I agree with U totally!!! this product is just simply disgusting! :((( I bought "Click on my Hyperpink" one the color is uhhh-amazing but its just the color...!!! GREAT POST haloo from Germany :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know this post is old, but I ran across it while searching for a way to remove this product from my lips. I almost had a panic attack when I realized that this stuff is stuck like glue to my lips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally reallly like this product, sucks it have such a bad reputation, if you moisturized your lips before you put them on your lips its not that bad, also it removes well with a oil or oil based makeup remover. i just use olive oil and a cotton ball.

      Delete
  14. I bought cherry on top... Love color but man it was DRY as ever!!! I may try with a gloss next time

    ReplyDelete
  15. My best friend just bought me “High-Pitched Wine” and I love it, but it is definitely hard to take off, but what helps a lot is when I used EOS lip balm first and only used a little bit of the lipstick. I had to use a washcloth for it to come off and even then, it didn't completely come off, but when I got majority off, I just reapplied my EOS lip balm and it soon came off on its own.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥