Jan 9, 2013

Wet N' Wild Coverall Cream Foundation and Powder

As some of you know, Wet N Wild is adding tons of new products into their entire line for spring 2013!  Drugstore cream foundations are hard to come by, especially in lighter shades. This foundation range contains seven shades, and I chose the lightest one, 815 Fair. I also decided to try the powder, since Wet N' Wild had coupons on their packaging! I only spent about $6.50 to try both items, which is a great deal! 




I already had a feeling that these were both going to be too dark for me, but I kept my hopes up because of my experience with the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation. Unfortunately, the foundation and the powder looked orange on my skin, and the formula wasn't very forgiving.

Coverall Cream Foundation
Claims: "All day wear, satin-matte finish, Visibright complex reduces the appearance of wrinkles and rejuvenates skin."
Formula: The formula is very matte, but it did not look satiny at all. It actually enlarged the appearance of my pores and emphasized fine lines, because the foundation settled into them. 
Coverage: The coverage is the only good thing about this foundation. It gives an overall even tone (although it was orange on me) and hides blemishes and redness, even freckles if desired.
Finish: I would say that the finish is matte and a bit drying. It didn't brighten the appearance of my skin, in fact it made it appear duller than it was before. The overall feel of this foundation is thick, and heavy. I just didn't like the way it sat on my skin, and didn't blend evenly.
Lasting Power: I felt very uncomfortable wearing this foundation, and removed it quickly.  I didn't wear it long enough to determine the true staying power. 
Scent: There is no scent to this foundation.
Packaging: The foundation comes in a tube with a twist off cap. The nozzle allows the foundation to be squeezed out easily. I really liked the packaging!
Price/Availability: I paid $3.50 at Walgreens ( It came with a $1 off coupon)

Wet N Wild Coverall Pressed Powder
Claims: "All day, weightless wear, Visibright complex reduces the appearance of wrinkles and rejuvenates skin."
Formula: This is just a standard pressed powder. It felt smooth to the touch, and didn't contain any shimmer. The powder was completely orange on my skin! 
Coverage: I would say that the coverage is full. After I applied the powder with a brush, it looked very matte, and you could definitely tell that I had powder on. 
Finish: The overall look of this powder is very artificial. The shade was completely off and the finish was so matte that made my skin look very unnatural. 
Scent: There is no scent to this powder.
Packaging: The plastic, rectangular packaging does contain a small sponge, but no mirror. I prefer my powders to come with a mirror for on-the-go touch ups. The sponge doesn't work very well and feels cheap.
Price/Availability: I paid $2.50 at Walgreens ( It came with a $1 off coupon)

Likes:
  • The packaging on the foundation is great, very hygienic and easy to control the amount of product
  • Both products are unscented
  • Both products are affordable
Dislikes:
  • The overall finish on both products looked artificial
  • The shades were both orange on my skin
  • The foundation felt thick and heavy/ uncomfortable to wear
  • Both products were difficult to blend
  • The formula of the foundation made my skin look dull/dry and emphasized my pores and fine lines
  • The powder comes with a cheap sponge and no mirror
  • The shade range only has beige tones, nothing dark or light
Overall
I was having high hopes for this foundation and powder, but they were both the wrong shade and did absolutely nothing for my complexion. I just couldn't stand how thick and heavy the cream foundation felt on my face. It made my pores look gigantic, and highlighted every fine line. The coverage was definitely there, but orange isn't my shade. The powder was equally disappointing. The shade was also very orange, and the finish was harsh and artificial. Both products were difficult to blend. Unfortunately, these products just didn't work for my skin. I won't be repurchasing them in the future, in fact I have already returned them. If you have fine lines, pale or dark skin, or dry skin of any kind I would recommend skipping these.

If you want to see what other products I will be reviewing soon check out eatinglipstick on tumblr! I posted a picture there of how bad the foundation and powder looked on my skin if you are interested in seeing that. The picture was so horrible I didn't want to publish it here. Ha.

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear these products didn't wow you. I hate it when foundation feels drying and uncomfortable on the skin - I can understand why you'd want to remove it straight away! Finding a foundation that matches well with your skin tone is very difficult. Recently I bought Rimmel Wake Me Up and I think it's terrific, but the shade is totally wrong for me :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have Wake Me Up here in CA, well at least in my area! I've noticed that Rimmel doesn't have many fair shades. Yes, I am not a fan of dry foundations.

      I hate it when foundations aren't the right shade, especially when the formula is great. I had the same problem with MAC Pro-Longwear :(

      Delete
  2. I picked up the foundation tonight & applied it just to see what it looked like on & I love it so far! I usually hate foundations because I hate the way they feel on my skin but I can't feel this at all! I love the coverage! I am going to apply it in the am to test the wear time & see how it holds up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? This foundation is very thick to me. Hopefully it works out!

      Delete
  3. There's actually a lighter shade than the powder you bought, it's Fair and I didn't find it orange at all. I didn't bother with the liquid stuff though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well in my area I haven't seen it anywhere. I didn't like this powder in general, so I don't think I'll be giving it another chance. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  4. Very interesting blog. Alot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definately interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.Tyvek Coverall

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥