Mar 13, 2013

Limited Edition Cake Batter and Velvet Cupcake Chapstick

Chapstick isn't the brand that I prefer when it comes to lip balm. Their original scent (that comes in the black tube) smells like a strong men's cologne, I hate it. None of the other flavors they offer really appeal to me either, until now. When I was shopping around at Wal-Mart the other day, I came across these new limited edition flavors: Cake Batter and Velvet Cupcake. 


Cake Batter smells exactly the way that it sounds, like cake batter! It's not too overwhelming, and doesn't smell like an average vanilla. It's amazing, I really love how realistic it smells and even tastes!  Red velvet is my favorite kind of cake, but this Velvet Cupcake Chapstick smelled nothing like it. It reminds me of a horribly sweet chocolate Lip Smacker, there was nothing special about it. Cake Batter is definitely my favorite of the two!

Claims: "Treat your lips with 100% indulgence. 0% guilt."
Pigmentation: These apply clear, they don't provide color.
Finish/Texture: The finish is a bit shiny, but it wears down quickly. The texture is smooth, but at times it can feel waxy. These do hydrate, but I feel that reapplication is needed.
Lasting Power: These don't provide a ton of moisture, I would need to reapply throughout the day. It really depends on how dry your lips are. They don't last long.
Price/Availability: I paid $1 each at Wal Mart.

Likes:
  • Cake Batter has a great scent that isn't overwhelming 
  • Cute packaging/flavor ideas
  • Only $1 each
  • Texture is smooth
Dislikes:
  • Velvet Cupcake doesn't taste like Red Velvet
  • Limited edition
  • Reapplication is needed
  • Don't provide the best moisture
Overall:
Cake Batter is such a fun flavor to have in a Chapstick, especially since this one isn't overwhelmingly sweet.  Velvet Cupcake isn't for me (I don't think it smelled anything like red velvet cake) but if you like chocolate give it a try. These are only a dollar each, which is a great price to try some new flavors. I wouldn't recommend these for treating the lips, because they don't keep the lips hydrated for long. Although reapplication is needed, I still really enjoyed using Cake Batter!

If you're interested in trying these, I suggest getting them soon since they are limited edition. I've already bought a backup of Cake Batter!

8 comments:

  1. Great post! Been looking for these to no avail! Will def skip out on the RV! Thanks -Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog, I love it! I'm now your newest follower :)

    These chapsticks look really nice but I very much doubt we'll get them in the UK!

    http://www.suzyheartsbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want :(
    Hope I'll find some on Ebay :D

    passingfancyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound really fun. I love limited edition lip balms. I am going to see if I can get my hands on one
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks very cute! Girl I love our blog it's awesome! I'm going to follow u! I hope ou follow me back but it's just if you like too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven’t tried any lippy from Chapstick, where did you purchase your lippy babies? XD
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥