May 27, 2012

Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Pink Frosting

When I first saw the Dream Mousse line by Maybelline, I was instantly intrigued. Mousse for your face? I'm in.



Claims:
"Air-soft formula provides luminous, long-lasting color on cheeks. Glides on smoothly and blends easily for seamless color and a natural, radiant finish. Long-wearing formula will not clog pores."
Application:
I always apply this after my foundation, with my fingers. The warmth of my fingertips blends out the blush perfectly on my skin. Using a brush causes the product to cling more on the brush instead of the skin, so fingers are best for this product. All I do to apply this is gather a dime amount on my finger and smooth onto my cheekbones in a circular motion.

Texture:
The blush is light and airy to the touch. It really does feel like mousse! it doesn't get clumpy when you smooth it on, as the Dream Mousse Foundation does.  There are noticeable chunks of glitter, which I don't fancy, but I put up with it because I love the formula so much.

Scent:
It has a slight vanilla scent to it. Nothing too strong.

Price:
$6-$8 
I got mine for about $7 at Wal-Mart

Packaging:
The glass jar is so annoying to store. It's bulky and excessive. I prefer packaging that doesn't take up too much space. 






Likes:
  • Effortless to blend
  • Bright color
  • Unique texture
  • Easy application
  • Gives a glow to the skin

Dislikes:
  • Bulky packaging
  • Hard to find in stores
  • Has noticeable glitter chunks
  • Not long-wearing
Overall:
I was pleased with how easily these blend out on the skin. The mousse formula really allows for effortless application. The blush does give a subtle glow and dewiness to the skin, which lives up to the claims. I'm not sure if it's long-wearing though, because I did notice some fading towards the end of the night. I believe that these are becoming progressively less available in stores. On Maybelline's website they are listed as discontinued, but they are usually at Wal-Mart, so I really have no idea. I hope that they aren't discontinued, I really enjoy these unique mousse blushes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥